Do you know the benefits of exercise in Pregnancy? Not just the benefits for you, but the benefits for your growing child as well?
As your baby grows your baby will be at the mercy of the pressure of your baby and his/her load. These changes can cause excessive curvatures of the spine – forward head posture, thoracic kyphosis & lumbar lordosis. These changes can cause the muscles to get tight, stiff and weak which in turn can lead to discomfort, deconditioning & even pain. BUT the good news is most of these signs and symptoms are totally treatable!
Benefits for you
– Help reduce and prevent any musculoskeletal discomforts and cramps
– Prepare your pelvic floor for the pregnancy and delivery
– Improved cardiovascular function
– Decreased lower limb oedema
– Limited pregnancy weight gain
– Attenuation of gestational diabetes
– Attenuation of gestational hypertension
There are no negatives of exercise in pregnancy so what are you waiting for?
Ready to get a different treatment experience?
Physiotherapy, Pilates, Dietetics, Exercise Physiology.
We have a full range of health services
Suite 2/130, Bundall Road, Bundall. 4217
Lissome Physiotherapy and Technique Studios
(Gold Coast Physio and Pilates)
Bundall QLD 4217
Ph: (07) 5539 9032
Fax: (07) 5641 7978